WHAT WE DO
To serve and conserve the freshwater fishes of the fynbos region
The Fynbos Fish Trust is a not-for-profit organisation.
All our activities are carried out as a non-profit, with an altruistic and philanthropic intent.
What we do
The Trust works to achieve these objectives:
• To develop our capacity to become the leading non-profit organisation in freshwater fish conservation and related fields within the Cape Fold Ecoregion (CFE).
• To work closely with the provincial and national conservation authorities and others managing and conserving native freshwater fish in the CFE.
• To promote and carry out an integrated and sustained programme of well-targeted conservation projects to protect the native freshwater fish in the CFE.
• To ensure that the success all conservation interventions are evaluated through robust scientific monitoring.
• To raise public awareness of the importance of native freshwater fish in the CFE, through better communication, education and outreach programmes.
• To develop the Trust’s organisational capacity to carry out our objectives through income generation and good management practice.
• To distribute surplus income arising from the invested Trust capital to such Public Benefit Organisations that the Trustees may, from time to time, choose.
Help us protect these ancient species…
many of which are swimming on the edge of extinction.